This time it's about the Wolfquest Role-play Thread.
Now, I may be a newbie to Wolfquest forums and how role-playing works here, but I've been role-playing and talking on other forums for about 3 years or more now, so I've done my fair share of role-playing and am familiar with common golden rules and such that tend to be common when role-playing.
But I've never been on a site where all the role-playing takes place on one, single thread. My question, or rather, questions are as follows:
• What P.O.V. are you supposed to use? I always tend to use third person, yet it seems a lot are using first person to role-play. Does it matter which one is used?
• Where do you even begin? How do you, "jump in" when there is so many different things going on at once? Am I supposed to read what was last said, no matter how long ago, and try jumping in there with my character? Or do I just make my own post of something different happening and wait for someone to reply to that?
• How to I keep notified about people replying to me, or notifying others? Is there a way to like, alert, or ping a user when you reply?
• Is there anything that I should be aware of that is a rule for role-play I must not do besides what is stated in the rules? I know other role-plays commonly have "no controlling everything, spotlighting, mary sue, etc.", is wolf quest the same? Are there some "ghost rules" I am unaware of? I want to make sure I don't break any rules.
• How fast generally is the Wolfquest Role-play Thread? So far the forums seem a little slower than some forums I am more used to, but I want to know for certain how fast things tend to move.
Thanks for any help!