The role-playing thread?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Echodream
Pup
Pup

The role-playing thread?

Post by Echodream » Wed May 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Hello! I have yet another question that I've been trying to look for an answer of but haven't found one, so I decided to make a thread here!

This time it's about the Wolfquest Role-play Thread.

Now, I may be a newbie to Wolfquest forums and how role-playing works here, but I've been role-playing and talking on other forums for about 3 years or more now, so I've done my fair share of role-playing and am familiar with common golden rules and such that tend to be common when role-playing.

But I've never been on a site where all the role-playing takes place on one, single thread. My question, or rather, questions are as follows:

• What P.O.V. are you supposed to use? I always tend to use third person, yet it seems a lot are using first person to role-play. Does it matter which one is used?

• Where do you even begin? How do you, "jump in" when there is so many different things going on at once? Am I supposed to read what was last said, no matter how long ago, and try jumping in there with my character? Or do I just make my own post of something different happening and wait for someone to reply to that?

• How to I keep notified about people replying to me, or notifying others? Is there a way to like, alert, or ping a user when you reply?

• Is there anything that I should be aware of that is a rule for role-play I must not do besides what is stated in the rules? I know other role-plays commonly have "no controlling everything, spotlighting, mary sue, etc.", is wolf quest the same? Are there some "ghost rules" I am unaware of? I want to make sure I don't break any rules.

• How fast generally is the Wolfquest Role-play Thread? So far the forums seem a little slower than some forums I am more used to, but I want to know for certain how fast things tend to move.

Thanks for any help!
Back after years, hello folks. c:
I'm a fan of wolves, nature, and art.
You can call me Spotted, Echo, or Grace.
I'm also on Flight Rising under the username Spottedleaf125

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Re: The role-playing thread?

Post by valkea » Wed May 17, 2017 6:37 pm

• 1 & 2. These are completely up to you, you can choose whichever option you want.

3. There is no pinging on WolfQuest, however you can use the instructions
    here to enable the subscription button so you can subscribe to it and receive emails when someone replies (they do seem to lag a bit at times? at least I get notifications from subscribed threads about 20-30 mins late).

4. The rules on the thread are the only concrete rules, however I would say that no controlling everything, mary sues, etc. (essentially the rules you see pretty much everywhere) can be considered common courtesy and following them is recommended.

5. The forums in general are somewhat slow, however lately the roleplay thread has seemed extremely slow even in comparison to the rest of the forum.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Echodream
Pup
Pup

Post by Echodream » Wed May 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Okay, thank you very much for the help! I look forward to beginning to role-play there! (By the way, I love your avatar!)
Back after years, hello folks. c:
I'm a fan of wolves, nature, and art.
You can call me Spotted, Echo, or Grace.
I'm also on Flight Rising under the username Spottedleaf125

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed May 17, 2017 7:27 pm

No problem - since your question has been answered, I'll lock this to prevent repeated answers.

Locked.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

Return to “Tips, Hints, and Help”