Question Regarding Accounts & Devices

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Question Regarding Accounts & Devices

Post by Rustic » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:31 am

When I first purchased Wolfquest 2.7 I bought it for PC AND for mobile. Now when I first used my mobile account I was able to log onto the new device with my existing account. At some point I also purchased other accounts for my nieces who liked to play. Initially they primarily played on my older iphones at my house. But ONLY on single player...they are still young and I generally ONLY have them in multiplayer in private games with myself.

They recently each got their own tablets, forget which ones they are but they are fully capable of running Wolfquest 2.7...so I paid for them to each have the full version on their tablets so they could have pups in Slough Creek. (they love the babies)
Anyhow....yesterday I was over at their house and asked if they wanted to play a game together, they with their tablets and me with my phone. But...when I used the login it was only prompting me to set up a new account and not to sign in with an existing one...so not sure what I was doing wrong.

Shouldn't the account itself be valid? Even if they can't access any games/wolves created from their other account seeing as it was on an iphone...think their tablets are a kindle of some kind.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Question Regarding Accounts & Devices

Post by Neamara » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:40 am

Hi Rustic,

Game accounts do work cross-platform, so jumping from IOS to Kindle shouldn't make any real difference apart from having to buy the game again for a new platform.

If your account is still logged in on another platform, try changing the password to see if that makes any difference. If you don't have access to a device you've previously installed and played the game on, submit a forgotten password request.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:37 am

Well...that's the thing...I couldn't even TRY to log in on their new device....it didn't give the option only wanted to go through making a new account. Anything is possible I guess but I don't even think is a matter of the account being logged in on another device....as they kids don't have the account info...only I do.

For example on the other devices that they use at my house (the ones purchased the accounts for) multiplayer is generally greyed out (as the are not logged in) so when I'm not setting up a private game for us they pretty much only CAN play single player.

That's what I was going to do on their tablets which so far as I know they haven't used multiplayer or set up an account...not always at their house that much so not even really sure when I'd be able to test out any suggestions but it really puzzled me that didn't have the option to enter in a user/password.

Zawki

Post by Zawki » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:25 am

The only solution I can think of at the moment is to make the new accounts, sign out of them, then try logging in with the old accounts.
┌────────────────┤├────────────────┐
When the sky is clear and day has turned to night,
the land is touched by a beautiful moonlight.
└────────────────────────────────────┘

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:39 pm

Thanks...will have to try that when next am at their house...might be awhile...but at least have something to try.