How to rename wolves in 3.0?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

How to rename wolves in 3.0?

Post by -Wolfdog- » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:39 pm

I can't seem to figure out how to rename my wolves in 3.0. Every time I try to edit my wolf it creates another wolf. For example, if I edit my wolf Whiteout and change her name to "Karen" and give her a black pelt it will create a different wolf called Karen with a black pelt. My original wolf Whiteout is unmodified. Then when I open a saved game it still shows the original whiteout.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

xc92u3

Re: How to rename wolves in 3.0?

Post by xc92u3 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:05 am

Hmmm... I have actually come across this glitch too. However, when I was modifying my wolf Fennim to be a completely different wolf, I was not disappointed to see Fennim still in my wolf list along with the new one :) .
When you go to modify your wolf, just change the name and delete the old one, I guess, unless you want to keep it for whatever reason. I think that's what I'd do.

spruce56
Pup
Pup

Post by spruce56 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:58 pm

TimberRaven wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:05 am
Hmmm... I have actually come across this glitch too. However, when I was modifying my wolf Fennim to be a completely different wolf, I was not disappointed to see Fennim still in my wolf list along with the new one :) .
When you go to modify your wolf, just change the name and delete the old one, I guess, unless you want to keep it for whatever reason. I think that's what I'd do.
Makes me wonder though - is it possible to edit the stats/appearance of a wolf and have them carry through to save games? Or do you have to start fresh? Really hoping that Slough Creek won't require a restart, because I found a really pretty Dispersal I want to keep.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:43 am

I would imagine that you'd be able to keep your save games and wolves and stuff, so that if you find a pretty mate like that, you can wait to bring him/her to SC when it comes out, and restarting would be really frustrating if that mate was hard to find. But I don't know for sure. I would also imagine that you would keep all of your wolves when SC comes out, too, unless something really bad goes wrong. And if that happens, Dave will rescue us! I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to keep your mate, games, and wolves when SC, though, just to be frank. If you people reading this know something I don't, however, please tell us!

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 am

Kind of a late reply.. I don't think it's possible to modify your wolf and have it carry over to a saved game.. which sort of defeats the point of modifying. I really hope it gets fixed.

[edit]
Bumping this topic again because I would really like some answers!

Last bumped by -Wolfdog- on Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:11 am.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾