NPC wolf named just "Wolf" ?

Ask and help answer questions about the WolfQuest game and forum. Check the Knowledge Base first! http://support.wolfquest.org

Moderator: Neamara

Nek0chan
Pup
Pup
Name: LupusAlbus, Neko

NPC wolf named just "Wolf" ?

Post by Nek0chan » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:32 pm

Tonight was I playing WQ:Anniversary Edition on multiplayer when we found a npc wolf in Lost River named just "Wolf". It was hunting/stalking elk and was hostile when approached, the other players and I hunted it. I think it was in the West USA server, If memory serves.

I had never seen this before, so I wanted to know if anyone else has run into it ?

(I also hope this is the right board index for this question.:? :oops:)
╔.. .═════════════╗

"𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖎𝖉𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙.
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙 𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖏𝖆𝖜𝖘.
𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖓𝖔𝖜."

~ Unknown.

╚═════════════. ..╝

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: NPC wolf named just "Wolf" ?

Post by Neamara » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:39 am

• ⋆ Moved to Tips, Hints, and Help ⋆
Hmm... the only unnamed wolves I've seen without identifiers are carcasses that spawn during world generation. A living wolf without any kind of identifier, whether dispersal stranger or pack stranger seems strange; I'm not sure what to make of it. None of the living wolves I've seen in LR during multiplayer testing have been nameless or without a pack designation.

If you followed it in scent mode, was the same true for its scent trail? Did other players including the host see the same thing? In any case, if it isn't intentional and it happens again, it may be a good idea to submit an F11 report in-game.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Nek0chan
Pup
Pup
Name: LupusAlbus, Neko

Post by Nek0chan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:31 am

It didn't have any other identifier, neither of gender or pack. As far I know everyone else saw it too. I didn't have a chance to follow in scent mode, so I'm not sure. If I see it again I'll make sure to submit a F11 report.
╔.. .═════════════╗

"𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖎𝖉𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙.
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙 𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖏𝖆𝖜𝖘.
𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖓𝖔𝖜."

~ Unknown.

╚═════════════. ..╝

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:31 pm

After reading what Neamara said, I realized that I have seen a similar glitch in a different game, Tyto Ecology, where an animal was killed and thus renamed as Dead... but they had completely been reset and were walking around normally while the predator that (should have) killed it was also reset and acted like the animal had merely escaped, but then I had a glitched animal running around in my dome that half registered as dead. Maybe this is one of those instances. The wolf may have been killed by something else but then didn't quite register properly as dead, and so they were reset and started walking around clad with the name "Wolf". I feel like this is a bit unlikely but still could have been what happened. It might also be linked to a Slough Creek spillage; I do find the occasional player that has a corrupted save file because Slough Creek data somehow got leaked into them and a lot of the NPC wolves that are not the player's mate are often named very plain things, much like "Wolf", but this, too, is also very unlikely.