Crazy WQ Happenings!

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Has something CRAZY happened to YOU???

Yes
34%
No
3%
Often
9%
Always
7%
Yes and I will share it!
29%
Yes and I will not share it
6%
No. How sad.
12%

Total votes: 730

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Re: Crazy WQ Happenings!

Post by rowantobias » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:57 pm

I've had a few times in multi where pups would stand there and would neither be able to walk around, get picked up, nor be fed - which meant they were functionally as useful as a boulder, haha.

I think in my first multi raise pups mission ever, I had entered and it was the final journey - and although most of the pups were alive, one was suspended in air as if picked up, but no one was holding it! It didn't seem to count towards the rendezvous total, though, so it wasn't too bad.
⍋°⍋ the night wore on. the forest remained as still as stone. ⍋°⍋
⚘⑇⚘⑇ ( they / he | discord mod ) ⑇⚘⑇⚘

Siaka
Pup
Pup

Post by Siaka » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:37 pm

Once I was minding my own business in SP SC, when all of a sudden, I die :shock:
.:HEAR MY CALL:.
One wolf
One quest
One fate

Shattered_Omen
Pup
Pup

Post by Shattered_Omen » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:38 pm

The most insane glitch of all time:
It's so nice to see a male wolf who doesn't care about my appearance XD. Or he's blind...

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:29 pm

Naw, he just knows your another wolf. Wolves don't care what others look like. They just care it's another wolf.
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

Serperior_123
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Serperior_123 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:43 am

I've seen the quadrupedal headed elk... Scary. ;_; I'm pretty sure all the stupid things my mate has done, you've all seen.

-FireBreaker-
Name: Fire

Post by -FireBreaker- » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:50 pm

My mate in 2.5 did crazy things all the time...
Also a few days ago when i were playing singel player on 2.7, one of my pups died, but it kept walking around and begging for food. I tried to feed it, but it didn't work... Then after a few minutes it says " Your pup, Moon has died" and then the pup was gone... It was pretty weird...
·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´
Wh¥ §hðµlÐ ï åþðlðgïzê £ðr hê mðñ§êr ï'vê ßê¢ðmê
ñð ðñê êvêr åþðlðgïzêÐ £ðr måkïñg mê hï§ wå¥
`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´
:: av/sig © Lupin/Samber ::

Serperior_123
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Serperior_123 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:35 pm

I just remembered in 2.5, All of my pups died but the game didn't send me back to the most recently saved game like it's supposed to. It just let me finish the game.. Weird, eh?

Then, another time, in the snow, I was hunting a bull elk, and my mate and I died at the same time. When I respawned, My mate wouldn't move, but he would slide around if i pushed him. So, I picked a den, marked territory until it was 100%, and when it loaded the spring, my mate was in the same spot, and the green circles around the dens were still there.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:06 pm

So, there was this guy on a game Altias and I were playing who triggered the infinite stamina glitch. On the Summer Journey, he carried his pup from the Aspen Heights den to the Rendezvous Site in a quarter of the speed everyone else was traveling. He just waited there with his pup. He had to leave the pup to get more food, so I had to use my stamina-speed oriented wolf and run from the Sandbar Crossing to the Rendezvous Site, feed the pup and run back. I love co-op games :')
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

rowantobias

Post by rowantobias » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:42 pm

duskypack wrote:So, there was this guy on a game Altias and I were playing who triggered the infinite stamina glitch. On the Summer Journey, he carried his pup from the Aspen Heights den to the Rendezvous Site in a quarter of the speed everyone else was traveling. He just waited there with his pup. He had to leave the pup to get more food, so I had to use my stamina-speed oriented wolf and run from the Sandbar Crossing to the Rendezvous Site, feed the pup and run back. I love co-op games :')
You left out the best part! His wolf's name was Mark, and had named his pup MarkJr. What a guy.

Good on you for running back and forth, though! I was preoccupied with keeping the pups alive (if you remember that I ran to Saddle Meadows when I first entered, it was because I was readying a carcass for later on that I ended up using). That Mark wolf, though - gotta love a team player.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:54 am

altias wrote:
duskypack wrote:So, there was this guy on a game Altias and I were playing who triggered the infinite stamina glitch. On the Summer Journey, he carried his pup from the Aspen Heights den to the Rendezvous Site in a quarter of the speed everyone else was traveling. He just waited there with his pup. He had to leave the pup to get more food, so I had to use my stamina-speed oriented wolf and run from the Sandbar Crossing to the Rendezvous Site, feed the pup and run back. I love co-op games :')
You left out the best part! His wolf's name was Mark, and had named his pup MarkJr. What a guy.

Good on you for running back and forth, though! I was preoccupied with keeping the pups alive (if you remember that I ran to Saddle Meadows when I first entered, it was because I was readying a carcass for later on that I ended up using). That Mark wolf, though - gotta love a team player.
Haha! All in all, that's such a funny story!

RoyalNarcissist

Post by RoyalNarcissist » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:06 am

I do believe I have something rather crazy to post here.

So, as I was creating my wolf, I had a bunch of other programs opened. I think I had 3 different multiplayer game launchers opened so that they could update as I would play WolfQuest.

Well that was a rather bad idea. When I was creating my new wolf, I was in the middle of raising his "Strength" bar when my game froze. I quickly tabbed out of it and waited until it responded again. Once back in the game, I didn't notice anything unusual, so I chose my wolf's howl and clicked "continue".

In Amethyst Mountain, I didn't see anything different until I took a good look at my wolf when hunting and meeting other wolves. He was bigger than they were.

The health and bite strength do not seem to be affected at all. This appears to be a purely visual glitch. I was mauled to death by a Druid Male just as fast as my other wolves and nearly died in another encounter with a Druid Female. Bull elks still kill me in 2-3 hits.

Here's my wolf for size comparison with the Druid Male that killed me:
1st Picture

And here he is with the Female Druid:
2nd Picture

rowantobias

Post by rowantobias » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:56 pm

Astrologer wrote:I do believe I have something rather crazy to post here.

So, as I was creating my wolf, I had a bunch of other programs opened. I think I had 3 different multiplayer game launchers opened so that they could update as I would play WolfQuest.

Well that was a rather bad idea. When I was creating my new wolf, I was in the middle of raising his "Strength" bar when my game froze. I quickly tabbed out of it and waited until it responded again. Once back in the game, I didn't notice anything unusual, so I chose my wolf's howl and clicked "continue".

In Amethyst Mountain, I didn't see anything different until I took a good look at my wolf when hunting and meeting other wolves. He was bigger than they were.

The health and bite strength do not seem to be affected at all. This appears to be a purely visual glitch. I was mauled to death by a Druid Male just as fast as my other wolves and nearly died in another encounter with a Druid Female. Bull elks still kill me in 2-3 hits.

Here's my wolf for size comparison with the Druid Male that killed me:
1st Picture

And here he is with the Female Druid:
2nd Picture
I think your wolf is part giant, haha!

I remember back in the day, in like... 2.5 and below? There was a way to glitch the stats bar and make your wolf a little OP. That's what this glitch reminds me of.

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:08 am

Must of had that rare dire wolf. Just kidding! There is no dire wolf in WQ, but that's still cool.
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:30 am

I've had some cases of eating with bear. Mate being hit after hit by bear and not dying in 2.7, swimming with 6w old pups and not drowning any in 2.5, and cougars and bears eating same carcass in 2.7, and bears stepping back and letting me to EAT THEIR ELK in 2.7 TODAY(I was testing out my weird stated wolf who has 10 str 50 stm 90 spe)!
+ I had a whole pack of 5~7 coyote showing up and uh.....all pups beside Bala the runt was dead in like 3 seconds in 2.5(Hope wolfquest 3 will add events like this)
+ TODAY a bear AMBUSHED ME

2wolf22
Pup
Pup

Post by 2wolf22 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:26 pm

There is a lone elk that spawns on the slopes of The Back Forty. Its a wandering cow. :P

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”