WQ 2.7 costs $10. Is it worth it?

Discuss WolfQuest (the game, forum, etc.).

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

WQ 2.7 costs $10. Is it worth it?

Post by loboLoco » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:18 am

Every day, quite a few people come to the WQ website to download the game for the very first time...but now they have a choice between the old, free game, and the new version that costs $10. I'd like to let them hear from players as to whether it's worth spending that money, so if you've purchased the game, please give your opinion below. Please do be frank and honest, as I want this to be a trustworthy source of opinion, not just marketing hype, to help them make their decision. I'll then link to this page from the Get the Game and Downloads page. Thanks!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

PeltOfAsh
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Ash

Re: WQ 2.7 costs $10. Is it worth it?

Post by PeltOfAsh » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:37 am

With the improved graphics, new map, achievements, and new chat options I would say that 2.7 is very worth the $10.

Sasseraph
Name: Sass

Post by Sasseraph » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:55 am

2.5 is filled with bugs and other issues, whereas 2.7 has many intentional improvements to these. For a first time player, I would highly recommend 2.7 rather than 2.5. It has a good amount of content for its price, especially if you consider how similar titles are priced, and is well worth the amount, if not a bit more. I suggest buying 2.7 and giving it a try if you are interested in games such as these. If you are skeptical, try the demo instead of 2.5, because the old version does not reflect the quality of the new, just the concept.

The only instance in which you should not purchase the full game is if the 2.7 demo does not run smoothly or correctly, or you have any incompatibility issues. Make sure you try the demo before buying in case such issues arise!
Last edited by Sasseraph on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dorken
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Dorken » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:06 am

Considering the updated graphics, smoother (and more interesting) gameplay, tonne of new customization features, new map, the new gameplay mode for co-op games, and access to more reliable multiplayer, I found say that $10 is actually a generously low price. It's well worth the money imho. 10/10 would recommend.
WaterfallRush wrote: If you are skeptical, try the demo instead of 2.5, because the old version does not reflect the quality of the new, just the concept.
I agree wholeheartedly. 2.5 and 2.7 may be similar in concept and "storyline", but the difference of quality is astounding.
deviantArt | Wolf Comic Reviews | WolfQuest Blog
The Beaver Theory
Lost River will never be the same.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:26 am

When I paid the money I never looked back, but I must say Wolfquest 2.7 has everything Wolfquest 2.5 doesn't. It has awesome graphics, pups in multiplayer, an EPIC new map, tons of coat colors, scars, there's even a coat with green eyes! And, if you're unsure, go play 2.5 and then you'll see what I mean.
¯~_°. .°_~¯
Night is now falling, so ends this day.
The road is now calling, and I must away.
Over hill and under tree, through lands where never light has shone.
By silver streams that run down to the sea.
¯~_°. .°_~¯

Lyrics - The Last Goodbye by Billy Boyd
Av/Sig - Koa/Raven

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:32 am

duskypack wrote:When I paid the money I never looked back, but I must say Wolfquest 2.7 has everything Wolfquest 2.5 doesn't. It has awesome graphics, pups in multiplayer, an EPIC new map, tons of coat colors, scars, there's even a coat with green eyes! And, if you're unsure, go play 2.5 and then you'll see what I mean.
I haven't purchased the game yet, but I plan on doing so soon, and I totally agree with all these posts, especially this one!

WolfQuest 2.7 has WAY much more than 2.5 ever had, and it makes it all worth those $10, considering there are games out there that cost more money and have far less going for them than this game (I'm looking at you Minecraft!), or at least, to me they have far less going for them. All these new bug fixes, and all these new features make it worth the price tag that it carries, so I definitely think that it's worth it!

OreoTheCookie
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Ellie

Post by OreoTheCookie » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:50 pm

I think it's worth spending $10, though I didn't buy the full version. I think it's fine, the graphics are amazing, new stuff, no "glitches". It's amazing! By the way, thanks for not making it cost more. :D I'm just happy about that Wolf Quest is better. I thought it was best game before and now my opinion have approved even more! Yay! :D
•◦•○◊○•◦•
Peace and Love B)
•◦•○◊○•◦•

BlueEverest
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueEverest » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Everyone is giving negative about 2.5 and postive about 2.7 you gotta do both sides.
2.7 well it has better quality and more stuff in it to make it look better but you can't really talk in a public server while in 2.5 there was still lexicon and it was easier to make friends.Overall 2.7 is worth 10 dollars because other than the phrase chat only in public it really is fine.My opinion I have a feeling I won't be playing 2.7 as much as I did with 2.5 because of the lexicon I met a lot of new people and made great friendships but now I cant really do that in 2.7

Maddoka
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Maddoka » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:49 pm

The only problem I have with 2.7 is the removal of lexicon too(Just the fact it is harder to make friends. Probably gonna make an open game one day and tell everyone to go to a private game. ;p)

But it is totally worth the 15 dollars I paid. ;p
I love the game, grpahics, the new map is just. Woah. It's amazing and great fun to play around in.
I WANTED TO CLICK PREVIEW!

BlueEverest
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueEverest » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Maddoka wrote:The only problem I have with 2.7 is the removal of lexicon too(Just the fact it is harder to make friends. Probably gonna make an open game one day and tell everyone to go to a private game. ;p)

But it is totally worth the 15 dollars I paid. ;p
I love the game, grpahics, the new map is just. Woah. It's amazing and great fun to play around in.
Exactly what I was planning to do

EmberGrey
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by EmberGrey » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:58 pm

You know, as much as I, from a PERSONAL standpoint, really enjoy 2.7, I feel like the additional choices, better graphics, new areas, aren't exactly what I'd want to spend that money on. It felt like a side project that should lead up to new content, like a cliffhanger for the game you buy. Some things in a new game I'd like to see are aging pups, pack hunting, continuing the education of wolf life. Maybe teach a little bit about pack hierarchy, play with that hierarchy structure, maybe you have to get enough skill points within your pack to do other things.. Make it a cyclical adventure.

I know resources are limited, but in my heart I know Wolfquest has a lot more potential. I wish there was a kickstarter or something so we could fund some new projects. I'm glad it was called an update. A lot of people are calling it a new game, and if people come here with that idea in mind.. they'll probably be a little peeved after $10 for an update.

I was a tiny bit annoyed, to be honest. I get the message the game is sending, and as an adult who has played Left4Dead, I really applaud you on your creepy dead zones, butttttt... if I'm being horribly, brutally honest (and I'm sorry, I know you get so much negativity, I mean this in the most constructive of ways) if I had played it beforehand and then had the choice to buy it, I would save my cash.. I would, however, 100% fund you on a more directly educational view into the wolves livelihood as I stated above.

So long story short, I'd pay for a new game, or an extensive pack-life add on. Not an update..

(The update, however, is amazing, this does not mean it's bad. If you are willing and able to pay $10 for an update, by all means get your fill! :) )
Message me!
I don't bite

...much

BlueEverest
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueEverest » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:28 pm

EmberGrey wrote:You know, as much as I, from a PERSONAL standpoint, really enjoy 2.7, I feel like the additional choices, better graphics, new areas, aren't exactly what I'd want to spend that money on. It felt like a side project that should lead up to new content, like a cliffhanger for the game you buy. Some things in a new game I'd like to see are aging pups, pack hunting, continuing the education of wolf life. Maybe teach a little bit about pack hierarchy, play with that hierarchy structure, maybe you have to get enough skill points within your pack to do other things.. Make it a cyclical adventure.

I know resources are limited, but in my heart I know Wolfquest has a lot more potential. I wish there was a kickstarter or something so we could fund some new projects. I'm glad it was called an update. A lot of people are calling it a new game, and if people come here with that idea in mind.. they'll probably be a little peeved after $10 for an update.

I was a tiny bit annoyed, to be honest. I get the message the game is sending, and as an adult who has played Left4Dead, I really applaud you on your creepy dead zones, butttttt... if I'm being horribly, brutally honest (and I'm sorry, I know you get so much negativity, I mean this in the most constructive of ways) if I had played it beforehand and then had the choice to buy it, I would save my cash.. I would, however, 100% fund you on a more directly educational view into the wolves livelihood as I stated above.

So long story short, I'd pay for a new game, or an extensive pack-life add on. Not an update..

(The update, however, is amazing, this does not mean it's bad. If you are willing and able to pay $10 for an update, by all means get your fill! :) )

Great Review couldn't done better myself but this is how I feel right now

JordyWild
Pup
Pup

Post by JordyWild » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:56 pm

In my opinion i think the game is worth MORE than 10$ im looking more around 20-50$ but of course, im not complaining ^^

I think its very well worth the money with the graphics, AI improvements, animations etc
See You on The Wildside

Subscribe to my new Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH2PFW ... 8-t0I_5C2g
Check out my JordyWild Fan site! For all the latest updates and videos! http://jordywolfgamer.wixsite.com/mysite

Formerly: JordyWolfGamer
JordyWild by © WilderProductions

-Wolf Ghost-
Pup
Pup

Post by -Wolf Ghost- » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:12 pm

I wish my country wasn't with this high inflation =/ It's quiet expensive for those who live here. Our country is in crisis, so, the dolar here costs four times its price =S Bad, bad, bad... I hope I can get WQ 2.7 next year! I saw videos and it looks amazing!
Ƭħϵrϵ iƨ nѳ Ƒϵar ѳf tħϵ Ѥxpϵriϵƞcϵ. Ɲѳtħiƞġ iƨ Ƭяuϵ. Ѥvϵяytħiƞġ iƨ Ƥϵяmittϵd .
“This is the day that you’ll always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow”
“I am. But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name.”

BlueEverest
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueEverest » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Wolves1100 wrote:In my opinion i think the game is worth MORE than 10$ im looking more around 20-50$ but of course, im not complaining ^^

I think its very well worth the money with the graphics, AI improvements, animations etc

Okay they did a good job on the quality but they didn't actually add anything new so I believe the 10 dollars was a good price.If it was more than 10 dollars I wouldn't buy it and many other people can barely the 10 dollars so Wolf quest would lose plenty of people

Return to “General WolfQuest Discussion”