WolfQuest Update

Archived news, updates and announcements.
BlueHunter987
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WolfQuest Update

Post by BlueHunter987 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Wow, this is bad news! I sure hope everything runs smoothly, because I'd hate to see WolfQuest go down after all of your hard work to make it great. :(

Silvy_Courage
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Silvy_Courage » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:20 pm

BlueHunter987 wrote:Wow, this is bad news! I sure hope everything runs smoothly, because I'd hate to see WolfQuest go down after all of your hard work to make it great. :(
I wouldn't worry about that. Even if WolfQuest did ever go down, it would only be the Multiplayer servers. And that won't be for a while, I hope.

Koroda
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Koroda » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:29 pm

This is such sad news... It will take some time to get used to no lexicon chat. In the end, I'm sure that us WolfQuesters can pull through. After all, we've made it this far! We've lasted longer than other online projects. We are all pretty strong people. Either way, lexicon will eventually have to go. And, its better for the younger members, because they will be able to play safely until the end.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:42 am

BlueHunter987 wrote:Wow, this is bad news! I sure hope everything runs smoothly, because I'd hate to see WolfQuest go down after all of your hard work to make it great. :(

WolfQuest will eventually go down, it's just a matter of when. The administrator said, and as aforementioned, that the motion in its entirety will not happen for awhile.

SpiritOfTruth
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by SpiritOfTruth » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:10 am

Koa wrote:

WolfQuest will eventually go down, it's just a matter of when. The administrator said, and as aforementioned, that the motion in its entirety will not happen for awhile.
If this was to happen, would the forums remain intact?

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:27 am

• Well, based on Cana's message from http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=70246 (Forum changes announcement) and a previous post made by her on this topic,
    As described in the announcement, because of donations, store purchases, and ad revenue, even though we no longer have grant money, the forums will remain open. So you will continue to be able to discuss the game, wolves, wildlife, and nearly everything else you can currently discuss, as long as the moderators are around to help keep everything running smoothly.
    Because there is no more grant money, we're only able to keep the forums and game open because wq_admin (Kristie) is going to try to keep up with administrating WolfQuest along with her other assigned tasks at the zoo and because the forum moderators and volunteer administrator are going to do their best to keep things running. If there comes a time when any of these people can't keep up with what's going on, that's when the lexicon would be removed from multiplayer games and the forums would potentially be locked. But as long as things run smoothly (the moderators have all said they're sticking with us as long as we let them... hooray!), we can keep things going for a while.
    ...basically, the forums continuation isn't totally unlimited. As long as an administrator and a couple of moderators are actively present, the forums can remain open and functioning. As stated by the Coordinator, its hard to state a set time for the forum's (and even the MP game's) total demise.

In the meantime, enjoy WQ as it currently stands^^!

Veloce
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Veloce » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:30 am

I'm sad because not plans about WolfQuest 3 :c

Silvy_Courage
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Silvy_Courage » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:39 am

Veloce wrote:I'm sad because not plans about WolfQuest 3 :c
Yep, quite unfortunate. At least we could get WolfQuest 2.5 out before this happened, and I'm just happy with it.

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:26 pm

About the chat thing, Disabled will still be there right? Some of us like its peace and quiet. Besides, wolves use howls and body language to 'talk', right?

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:34 pm

We will eventually remove the multiplayer lexicon so only phrased chat and no chat options are available,
Does that answer your question?

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Windstrider » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Hidden Phoenix wrote:
We will eventually remove the multiplayer lexicon so only phrased chat and no chat options are available,
Does that answer your question?
Yep, it does. (I still wish disabled would be there.)

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:17 pm

..I believe by "no chat", Cana means disabled. I don't see why removing the lexicon would result in the removal of disabled chat, anyway. You don't need a lexicon to not talk.

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Windstrider » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Hidden Phoenix wrote:
..I believe by "no chat", Cana means disabled. I don't see why removing the lexicon would result in the removal of disabled chat, anyway. You don't need a lexicon to not talk.
Oh, ok. That's good! ^^

MoonbeamOutflanker
Pup
Pup
Location: being a blue grey wolf with deep green eyes and is fast, strong, loyal, and good hunter

Post by MoonbeamOutflanker » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:09 pm

its sad to see the chat lexicon go! But it's for the best considering that some people use it for inappropriate behavior, (jeez get on a dating website not a wolf game!) I have been on WQ for a year and 4 months, not much and also my computer broke down (and still is) so I can't play it! :? A suggestion for the phrase chat put in the sentence "do you want to hunt?" If its not there already. It'll be sad to see this game go I've met my best friend here and I have made a lot of others! We are together like one big wolf pack! And the connection will never change! Hopefully the forums will still be up and we all have our screen shots to share! It's bitter sweet :cry:

Koroda
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Koroda » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:56 pm

MoonbeamOutflanker wrote:its sad to see the chat lexicon go! But it's for the best considering that some people use it for inappropriate behavior, (jeez get on a dating website not a wolf game!) I have been on WQ for a year and 4 months, not much and also my computer broke down (and still is) so I can't play it! :? A suggestion for the phrase chat put in the sentence "do you want to hunt?" If its not there already. It'll be sad to see this game go I've met my best friend here and I have made a lot of others! We are together like one big wolf pack! And the connection will never change! Hopefully the forums will still be up and we all have our screen shots to share! It's bitter sweet :cry:
The forums will stay up, as it has been confirmed. The real question is... will they stay active? So, you will still be able to talk to your friends through pm and such. Also, do you want to hunt? is in the Phrase Chat. (I actually checked today)

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”